Telecoms Strategy Case Study
A large national Childcare and preschool operator engaged Beyond Technology Consulting to undertake a capability gap assessment and develop a new Telecommunications Strategy.
- The client was partially through a new telecoms contract that had been fully implemented but was failing to meet the requirements of the organisation. The ongoing service problems were highlighted by an organisation wide staff survey that had shown that the technology function's credibility had sunk to an all-time low and that problems threatened to impact the organisations most critical KPI - safety - if the situation wasn't remediated rapidly.
- Beyond Technology was able to rapidly review the organisations business goals, technical requirements and the deployed telecommunications architecture and identify several critical root causes.
- Partnering with the organisations technology executive team we developed a new Telecommunications strategy to provide the organisation with both a replacement architecture and a continual improvement roadmap that would grow capabilities to meet the increasing requirements of the organisations strategic vision.
- Once the new strategy was approved, Beyond Technology was able to continue working with the organisation assisting with the development of the remediation plan. This involved strategic negotiations with key vendors, approach to market activity to deliver improved commercial outcomes and detailed planning activity to ensure that remediation could be achieved in the required timeframes over all 700+ sites.
- Beyond Technology has recently celebrated the success of the initial remediation project with recent staff surveys showing a complete turnaround in staff sentiment and overall technology performance and reliability.