Independent IT Review
Queensland based Independent, Anglican, Day and Boarding School for girls from Pre-Prep to Year 12 was seeking and independent review of its ICT Operations.
Scope of Review
- Audit of existing IT support arrangements, skills, costs and resource levels.
- Comparison of service levels required by the school and those presently delivered.
- Cost and Performance Benchmark of existing service arrangements.
- Risks associated with infrastructure and management processes including. Information Security, Disaster Management Planning, Backup & Recovery methodology.
- Appropriateness of information security and privacy arrangement and countermeasures.
- Assessment of appropriateness of infrastructure strategy.
- Assessment of efficiency, agility and effectiveness of existing operational strategy.
- The deliverable was a report setting out opportunities for improvement and how existing arrangement should be transformed to better meet requirements. Future opportunities to support improved educational outcomes, improve service delivery, and recommendations on any alternate strategies to meet the identified requirements.
- Our advice provided seventeen recommendations for improvement and remediation. These were across three categories - ICT Governance, Architecture and Technical - with a focus on service improvement and risk reduction.
- The client was able to prioritise its planned IT spend and ensure that immediate steps were taken to improve ICT governance and reduce risk and technical debt. The organisation was also able to ensure that future planning was focused on the technical and service architecture that best supported improvements in digital teaching and learning.