IT Operations Assessment
Organisations based in regional areas of Australia face acute problems in delivering IT services when compared with their peers in metropolitan areas: Many costs are higher, infrastructure such as telecommunications is often poorer, skilled staff are difficult to attract and retain, and the organisation’s requirements are no less stringent.
In higher education this is further complicated by the fact that significant amounts of funding are delivered in the form of one-off grants that demand very disciplined project and program management whilst not providing budget for the on-going maintenance and management of the resulting infrastructure.
In this case study we assisted one of our clients to meet these two structural challenges whilst also remediating an aged IT infrastructure and re-engaging IT with organisational stakeholders.
- Failing SOE overloading helpdesk.
- Poor service delivery creating low opinion of IT across business.
- Poor budgeting processes.
- Poor project management processes.
- Skills attraction/retention in regional area.
- Priority roadmap to address infrastructure issues.
- Use of selective out-sourcing.
- Team restructure, resourcing, and skills.
- Detailed remediation plan to immediately attack root-cause problems.