Technology costs have come under increased attention in recent times with the expected general downturn in the economy, however cost optimisation should always be focus for any IT function.
There are several areas in which technology costs may be inappropriate for your organisation:
• Older technology is often less cost effective.
• Automation opportunities have not been exploited effectively
• The business is over-serviced by technology artificially increasing cost base.
• Technology procurement has not generated the optimal outcomes.
Reducing the cost base of an organisation always involve difficult decisions. Whether it is cutting staff or cutting projects, the trade-off’s need to be considered to ensure the organisations future best interest are in focus.
IT departments do not have a good track record of successfully implementing cost reduction projects, often the focus of the cuts are important new projects or on spending that reduce business risk rather than “invisible OPEX” that is outside the consideration of the IT team.
Our team of highly skill business-IT professionals analyse IT budgets and activities, then quickly identify areas in which real cost savings may be achieved with understanding of any flow-on impact to business.
Some of our recent projects have included:
• Private Equity firm seeking to assess the opportunity to reduce telecommunications costs in one of its recent investments.
• A pharmaceutical organisation seeking to audit the appropriateness of its IT strategy and spend
• A firm seeking to audit the cost and services provided by a 3rd party IT service provider
• A FMCG organisation seeking to assess the alignment of IT service delivery to business requirement and benchmark IT spend against similar organisations
Industry benchmarks have shown two out of three organisations that have seen structural change over the previous 36 months are significantly overspending on IT operations for their achieved service levels. Beyond Technology Consulting has a comprehensive array of services to assist you to quickly determine the areas in which your technology cost base do not best meet your business’s needs. Using our own Intellectual Property that includes comprehensive benchmark data and formal methodologies, we will provide you with certainty of outcome and “Actionable Advice” on how to optimise your IT costs.
Our methodologies do not assume that you will retain our services through remediation or implementation, however we will provide assistance and advice on the management of this process as required.
All of our consultants combine technology qualifications with years of industry experience and each partner level consultant has been awarded a globally recognised MBA from a leading business school. Beyond Technology has been operating in Australia since 1992, and running its consulting business for over eighteen years. Throughout this period it has maintained a positive growth outlook and has been steadily growing its reputation and client base.
Please fill out the form below to get in touch with one of our consultants